An exceptional opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our highly successful team at our head office which is conveniently head-quartered in Glasgow city centre as a Compliance Officer. This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated and organised individual to join a rapidly growing organisation and support our continued expansion
The Compliance Officer will support the Compliance Manager in a critical assurance role which must identify and clarify current internal compliance practices and controls within the Company. The job holder must then assist in the diagnoses and help to develop enhanced procedures to ensure companywide compliance with all regulatory, financial and core operational system requirements.
Success will be measured in terms of the Company’s ability to gain assurance, across all activities, in our adherence to procedures and practices, in line with the requirements and expectations held in a security company. This will not be possible without managed/driven executive buy-in to the work and its importance. As the Company’s roles and responsibilities develop so too must our compliance capability.
- To continually identify and diagnose where compliance activity is required across the Company
- To continually identify where compliance activity occurs, and in what form
- Develop and coordinate the delivery of plans to put in place compliance activity where it is otherwise absent or unsatisfactory
- Identify and highlight critical high risk areas within the company’s compliance regime which require immediate action to resolve. Assist, lead where necessary, the development of procedures as a part of this resolution activity
- Promote and drive the delivery of compliance procedures to the Company
- To develop, coach and mentor, the Company’s compliance community, ensuring that personnel are properly trained and equipped to conduct their jobs. To achieve this there must be highly skilled and pro-active relationship management throughout the Company to ensure positive development and clear identification of the contribution made
- To work with directors and senior management to improve their understanding of strategic and operational compliance and the business benefits it will bring
- To support the operations of Internal Audit
- Pro-active planning and organisation, on an on-going basis, of discrete compliance groupings across the Company to provide coherent, consistent and accurate compliance work from which high levels of assurance are possible
- Participation in team meetings to determine short term priorities and understand how the role impacts on the team requirement to deliver
- Long term planning, 12 months, to meet Company requirements and resolve complex multi-functional challenges, with the ability to translate this into short term deliverable project/team plans
- Create and lead the Resources self audit regime as required by external audit reporting
- Identify, diagnose and resolve essential compliance changes to deliver the required levels of assurance
- Use of sound judgment and risk assessment to the Company when making decisions
- Possessing a high degree of interpersonal skills and utilising these to build trust and confidence across the Company
- Possessing a high degree of self-confidence to withstand criticism of the compliance process as it identifies areas where poor practice has been the previous norm
Please be aware that this is not an exhaustive list of tasks. Duties may change from time to time in line with the needs of the business with any changes discussed between the successful applicant and their line manager.
- The post holder should have the ability to demonstrate requisite experience in managing compliance activities in a corporate environment. Educated to degree level or has equivalent qualification and/or appropriate work experience.
- Knowledge and proven ability in the use of Microsoft Office
If you are an individual who is process driven with a view of implementation then please click apply on this page along with providing a copy of your CV.
Job Type: Full-time
Please click here to see our Privacy Notice which explains the types of personal data we may collect, how we will handle it, store it and keep it safe. This notice also tells you about your rights in relation to your personal data.