SecuriGroup, one of the UK’s largest security providers, is looking to recruit a new Site Security Manager to our Retail Security division based at Selfridges Exchange, Manchester.
The successful candidate will be at the heart of a prestigious high end retailer and will be responsible for co-ordinating a range of functions for the busy establishment.
You would be part of a vibrant team working in a fast-paced environment, while providing support to a variety of clients and staff members.
The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining great relationships with our client in the area, as well as ensuring that your team are mentored and supported. Applicants should be confident and outgoing, flexible, and committed to the role.
- Excellent people skills, engage at all levels with security team
- Be a dynamic, self-motivated & competent security professional
- Take ownership of all aspects of the contract whilst providing ideas to stream-line current processes
- Able to deal with personnel at all levels from senior management to security officer
- Immaculately presented & able to articulate well
- High level of report writing, English & Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to impact positively each day to add value to the Selfridges store provision
- Happy to work unsociable hours to ensure staff across all shifts are seen on a monthly basis
- Lead by example to provide the benchmark for officers to achieve each day by providing inspirational leadership
- To Set and maintain security procedures as set out in the assignment instructions and deliver a consistent Security service across all shifts.
- To set, monitor and continually seek to improve customer service standards, ensuring that all staff activities are organised by the wider management team so as to prioritise customer service and be consistent with the wider operations team.
- To lead and motivate a team of Security Officers, and Supervisors to ensure that they are undertaking the tasks and responsibilities as outlined in their job descriptions, dress code and operational guidelines and that they are offering consistently excellent customer care.
- Actively support and at times deliver the structured Security training programme and ensure the Security team are included in any brand, vision, culture and values, statutory requirements (e.g. H&S, etc) and yearly objectives.
- Deal sympathetically with customer complaints and queries as and when required.
- Ensure all staff are dressed to the correct standards required prior to deploying onto shop floor.
- Be available on radio network at all times, monitoring network to ensure correct VP is being used.
- Responsible for ensuring that the team is competent in performing the requirements of the Security Officer including, profiling, dealing with suspect packages, radio use, customer service, First Aid, access control, guest/staff safety, and evacuation procedures. To continually review the training needs analysis
- Actively promote the processes of the annual staff appraisal system aimed at supporting and encouraging staff to give of their best performance and strive for operational and service excellence
- Monitor performance using any agreed competency frameworks to ensure high standard of customer care
- Ensure that all administration relating to personnel matters is completed and that accurate and timely records are maintained
- Monitor standards and maintenance of access control/CCTV in addition to any Security related equipment. Report and take action, as appropriate for any Security equipment work required
- To manage the company radio equipment and ensure all staff are supplied with required radios and ear pieces to perform duties adequately whilst implementing stock control measures to ensure expenditure is kept to a minimum
- To undertake Health, Safety and Fire responsibilities with respect to, staff, guests, others on the premises. Ensure compliance with Health and Safety procedures and completion and regular review of roles and responsibilities of the operational team
- Ensure Supervisors carry out daily checks. Update Supervisors regularly on any specific Security concerns to facilitate a high level of Security during the operation
- Ensure Supervisors regularly brief team members on Fire Evacuation Procedures and take part in wider Operational Exercises
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensure team members are fully aware of all procedures.
- Create and update Assignment Instructions
- Ensure that operating procedures are prepared, adhered to and reviewed regularly, concentrating on Security, customer service and health and safety
- Regularly patrol shop floor to review security officer's performances & ensure levels of customer service are of the required level
Selection & Training
- Be responsible for the recruitment process for permanent and relief Security Officers for Selfridges
- Provide a structured programme of induction training and systematically review/give constructive feedback during a staff member’s probationary period to ensure that procedures and the required standards of performance are made
- Preparation and delivery of a structured programme of training in line with any initiatives or statutory requirements, to ensure that staff members are equipped to provide excellent customer service
- Create and implement critical incident training, incident management scenario exercises, test, review and update
- Create and update Critical Emergency Plan ensuring team members are fully aware and trained in all procedures
- Ensure all rosters are drawn up to maximise staff cover using Rotaguard
- Manage scheduling staff to ensure core staffing is appropriately rostered one month in advance
- Ensure officer’s leave is managed throughout the leave year to allow officers to utilise their entitlement
- Motivate staff via the provision of regular, appropriate information, in an informal, relaxed and interactive style
- Organising regular briefings and debriefings
- Responsible for producing management reports on staff performance
- Responsible for maintaining annual staffing and recurrent budgets
- Develop and maintain key working relationships with stakeholders
- Be responsible for building client relationship to ensure correct levels of trust and confidence are achieved.
- Achieve highest standards of service delivery on day to day basis in line with Selfridges/SecuriGroup’s standards.
- Be accountable for all matters relating to manned-guarding provision to ensure you are the Subject Matter Expert for any client questions / enquiries.
- Be approachable, honest & able to deal with high-profile clients in pressurised environments.
- Inform client of any manning shortfalls each day by 0930hrs whilst ensuring alternative cover is being sourced
- Ensure client has confidence that staff are being managed to the correct level of performance & standards in line with the Selfridges customer service training / levels.
- Provide daily hrs report each morning for previous day’s hrs including any dropped hrs.
- Management Dashboards